In light of the current ever-changing Coronavirus situation, Queenscourt is taking all reasonable steps to protect the wellbeing of those using our services, our staff and volunteers.
As part of this effort we will be replacing some face to face appointments with telephone and video-consultations. Zoom will be used for video consultations. It is similar to other web-based systems with which you may be familiar (Skype, Facetime or Whats App). You can access zoom on a device that has a camera and microphone (e.g. smartphone, tablet, iPad, laptop or desktop computer).
We will arrange a meeting which will last no more than 40 minutes and contact you ahead of the meeting with a meeting ID number which you will need to join the meeting. If you wish a family member to be with you for the consultation, they can either join you in person, or you can give them the meeting ID code which will enable them to call into the video consultation from their own device.
Here are the instructions for use.
- Please download the “Zoom cloud meetings” app from your app store.
- We will agree with you a time for the meeting by telephone, and give you the meeting ID number.
- 15 minutes prior to the time of your meeting, open the app / website and click on “join a meeting”.
- Enter the meeting ID which you have been given. At this point you may need to accept requests to allow access to your devices camera / video / audio / microphone.
- You will see a swirling circle with a message “Waiting for the host to start this meeting”. This means that you are in the “waiting room”
- Once the host (Queenscourt) opens the meeting room, you will be allowed to “join”. At this point you should see your doctor or nurse on the screen.
- If you cannot see your doctor or nurse on screen or if you are unable to see yourself on the screen, enable your video camera by clicking the video icon at the bottom left of the screen.
- At the end of the meeting, you exit the consultation by clicking on “leave the meeting” at the bottom right hand side of the screen.