- Created: Wednesday, 24 June 2020 10:00
Please do not visit the Hospice unless it is absolutely necessary. The families of inpatients have already been contacted by clinical teams with the correct advice.
We need to limit visits to the Hospice as far as possible in line with the most recent guidance from the government, particularly to shield and protect those people identified as extremely vulnerable.
Queenscourt’s fourth annual Christmas Tree Collection and Recycling Service will be back in the New Year and we hope it will be even bigger and better than before. This year we will be offering our collection and recycling service on the 10th, 11th and 12th January 2020.
We work in partnership with JustHelping to offer the environmentally friendly tree collection service to households and businesses in our local and wider community in return for a donation to Queenscourt Hospice. Once collected, most of the trees are then shredded, and the chippings used in local parks, or turned into compost for farms, golf clubs and garden centres.
Last year’s campaign was a tremendous success, with the Queenscourt team collecting more than 1,000 trees and raising over £10,000 for the hospice. This year, we are looking to increase our service by expanding the areas where we will be collecting. As well as the PR8, PR9, PR4 6, L37, L39 L40 postcode areas, we will also be recycling trees in the WN8 district for the first time.
However, we need more volunteers to help us deliver this service and raise vital funds for Queenscourt Hospice. We are currently appealing for people who have access to vans and trailers to help us with the collection and we are especially looking for local gardeners, or other local businesses who could help on at least one of the days.
As a thank-you for your help and support, you’ll receive a complimentary breakfast sandwich, as well as tea and coffee from Hickory's Smokehouse Southport. The Christmas Tree Collection is a fantastic campaign to be a part of; as well as being highly enjoyable. It’s also a fantastic opportunity to promote your business or community group to the local and wider community.
The Christmas Tree Collection service has proved an important fundraiser for Queenscourt over the past three years. After costs, 90% of the money raised goes to Queenscourt Hospice with the remaining 10% donated to our charity partner, Twinkle House in Skelmersdale, who last year received £1,000.
Rachel Kennedy, Community Fundraiser who organises the annual Christmas Tree Collection, said: “Our Christmas Tree Collection and Recycling Service has increased in popularity year-on-year and with your help and support we can collect even more trees and raise even more money for Queenscourt in January.
“This is a wonderful and easy way to have your Christmas Tree collected and recycled in an environmentally friendly way, whilst providing essential funding to support to our hospice, so why not enjoy a hassle-free start to 2020 and let Queenscourt Hospice collect and recycle your Christmas Tree!”
Registration for this year’s Christmas Tree Collection & Recycling service is now open. Please visit https://charityxmastreecollection.com to register your real Christmas Tree. The suggested donation for this service is £10 per tree, with 90% of monies raised going to Queenscourt Hospice, Southport and a further 10% going to Twinkle House.
To find out more about the annual Christmas Tree Collection, please visit: https://charityxmastreecollection.com